Vegetarian Foodservice Recipe: Chicken-Style Skewers with Peanut Satay
Recent research shows that more than 5% of the UK population are vegetarian, that’s 3 million diners. These diners need vegetarian menu options and frequent the venues that provide vegetarian menu options.
Fry’s Family Foods help you to provide vegetarian menu options not just through delicious and nutritious vegetarian food products, with easy to follow menu ideas too.
Enjoy our easy Thai-inspired Fry’s Chicken-Style skewers marinated in a creamy peanut sauce that is naturally cholesterol-free and good for your heart.
- Servings: 4 people
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- ½ box Fry’s Chicken-Style Strips
- For the Peanut Satay:
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ – 1 tbsp of sugar
- Plant-based milk or water, as needed
- Scallions (or green onions), sliced, for garnish
- Crushed peanuts, for garnish
- Fresh coriander, for garnish
- Skewers, for serving
- For the peanut satay, combine the peanut butter, cumin powder, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic powder, ginger powder, turmeric and sugar in a bowl. Stir all ingredients together. Add a little bit of plant-based milk or water to thin out the mixture as needed.
- In the airfryer, air fry the Chicken-Style Strips for 6 minutes at 185°C*.
- Combine Chicken-Style Strips and half of the satay in a bowl, ensuring the Strips are covered with the sauce. For best results, marinade for an hour (or overnight) in the refrigerator.
- Thread the Chicken-Style Strips onto skewers. Add the Chicken-Style Strips to the airfryer and air fry for 2-3 minutes to reheat.
- If you don’t have an airfryer, heat a little oil in a wok or frying pan. Add the frozen Fry’s Chicken-Style Strips. Fry on high heat for approximately 6 minutes. Remove Fry’s Chicken-Style Strips from heat. Thread the Chicken-Style Strips onto skewers. Heat the grill pan on high. Working in batches, brush pan with oil, and grill the Chicken-Style Strips 3 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle the skewers with sliced scallions, crushed peanuts and coriander, and serve with the remaining satay sauce on the side.
- *Reduce cooking time if the Chicken-Style Strips have defrosted.
Visit our website here