The festive season is almost here. With Navratri, Dassera, Pujo and Diwali just a weeks away, you’ll have definitely started planning your family get togethers and dinner parties. Sure, you can serve your signature dish that you have completely mastered and cook up at every house party. But why not treat your guests to something different like this delicious vegetarian spicy potato preparation. This recipe is the chef of one of the most popular and loved vegetarian restaurants in India, Rajdhani.
Think potatoes make you put on weight? Here are 4 ways potatoes can help you lose weight.
1 kg potatoes
4 tbsp chopped onions
4 tbsp red chilli paste
2.5 tbsp garlic paste
1 cup yoghurt
3.5 tbsp desi ghee
4 bay leaves
6 green cardamom
3 black cardamom
½ inch cinnamon stick
2 tsp cumin seeds
5 broken red chillis
6 garlic cloves
2 tbsp coriander powder
Salt to taste
1 cup chopped coriander
1. In a bowl, add the potatoes, red chilli paste, garlic, yoghurt and some salt to taste. Make sure all the potatoes are well coated with the marinade and leave aside for a little over 2 hours.
2. Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed handi or kadhai. Once the ghee is hot enough, add bay leaves, black cardamom, green cardamom, broken red chillies, cinnamon, cumin seeds and slices of garlic. Fry these spices well for a minute.
3. Add the chopped onions and sauté till they are golden brown.
4. Add the potatoes and semi fry.
5. Add the coriander powder and the crushed red chillies in next and sauté the potatoes very well for another 15 minutes.
7. Add around two cups of water, salt to taste and cover the handi. Let the potato simmer in the spices till they are done. Then simmer on low heat
8. Cook till potatoes are cooked.
9. Add the chopped coriander and serve hot.
Here are some tasty healthy mango recipes by Rajdhani restaurant Chef Jodharam Choudhary.
Published: September 15, 2017 4:08 pm | Updated:September 15, 2017 4:14 pm